Information in English Language
What is OpenImmo ?
OpenImmo describes real estate objects in a set of over 300 fields.
In the Versions 1.1 to 1.2.7 it uses the XML
Data Format so it can transport all languages using UTF-8. Objects are describes in categuries
- object categories like house, appartment, condo, business office, store etc.
- the way of marketing:
buy, rent, lease -
information line street, zip-code, place ..
information for buying and renting, several costs and real-estate-agent fees ...
- information about the square of living, storage, balconi ...
in livingroom, bath, house or commercial properties
- technical information about heating, cooling, networks ...
as the state of renovation
- administration of the building or space
- free text areas
- attachments für images, pdf, video an others
- contact information of the real estate agent
- and a group of "user_defined_extend" fields allow partners the describe and transfer
infomation that can not be found in the other fields.
cases openimmo data is send as a ZIP-Packed file (Including binary data) by a software product
to an online marketing or service portal. The transfer is mainly done
using the FTP protokoll.
- User request can be sent form portals back to software tools as an XML Feedback Attachment in an E-Mail.
Who uses OpenImmo
The OpenImmo data standard is
mainly used in the german speaking Europe. A lot of other countrys that a
next to our borders like denmark, netherlands, belgium, france or
luxemburg cooperate with german software vendors or portals. Countys
like ungary, italy, spain an others are linked often through vacation
rentals and buying processes.
The XML Version
The version 1.0 was designed in 2002 unsing the XML Format, which was the right style at that time.
Between 2003 and 2017 seveal updates were developed. The focus was always on a high compatibility
to older versions. Data is mostly packed together with binary data into a ZIP file and then transfered
form sender (realtor softwas ) to the receiver (online portal).
The current (2019) version 1.2.7 can be downloaded
from the german website.
The element names an comments are in german language.
There will not be a pure
english version in the near future. But we provide a translation of the
fieldnames in english. This is available for individuals or companys who
get a licence key. This includes a registration key to use in the
openimmo data. You can order the license here for a one time fee of 100 Euro (No VAT applys) from the german Website.
In 2015 the OpenImmo Group startet the planung process for a new and no more
compatible version 2.x using a REST-API. The data structures have been reviewed and the
amount of elements have been reduced and updated.
At the end of 2019, the first "Alpha" Version of OpenImmo 2.x
has been finished.
- Data Structure is in english language
- Data format is now in JSON
- Data is transfered via a REST-API
- Data and REST-API are now described in OpenAPI 3.0
- Datatypes and Formats as added
- Recommendations and instructions for data treatment will be added
- Country specific section are added in sections like price, spaces, features ..
Further refinements will be made until early 2020 leading to a first "beta" Versions and tests.